Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2014/07/30

Typesetting of Moon&Blood German edition.

I thought it was easy work when I asked to my publisher DMP that if I could make and sell Moon and Blood print book (in German) at AniNite, a convention in Vienna.

Because German Edition had been released already. Yes, it was eBook format, but yet, if I got all the data from DMP, all I had to do was compiling them for print book edition. There would be not so much work, I thought.
The very expensive Kindle German edition @Amazon.de. 7.45EUR.
For some reason, it's very expensive at Amazon. It's 2.95$ at eManga.con (Online reading, and you got another format for your e-book reader by+1$) I don't know why...and the quality of Kindle manga in West is poor. At least, the quality of my titles are poor.  :( Amazon.JP is ok, so I don't know why Amazon.com doesn't offer the same quality kindle manga with Japan. )

The data can't be used for print because of the low resolution. I knew that. But they might have text layer - unrasterized. If they had, the low resolution doesn't disturb to make a data for print. That what I thought.

But I was wrong. The data I got was ping image, no text layers. Come to think about it, it's obvious because they order to productions the e-books, all the they dose are editing work.

So what I have to do ... copy&paste then break, copy&paste then BR, ... ... ...
(They gave me the translation script documents) 
I worked in the order (not particulate reason) vol.2, 3, 4, 1.

Yesterday, I got the proofreading documents from the translator. (She kindly gave it a QC). For some reason, vol.1 has many errors - it's the clear number one.

?? Because I was tired after 3 volumes' typing? Because the checker was fresh when she checked vol.1(it must be the first one). Because I got used to the work and started to do what I want at my choice (too much) ??

Anyway, there are some mistakes, especially the mistakes I did frequently were ...

BR at the wrong point.

I've done the same mistakes at my 4koma, like this....

It should be;
WAR ER
IMMER

But I did like this;
WAR ERI
MMER

I didn't type, just copy and paste, but I missed sometimes a space between words, because it's very narrow in the font I use. The alphabet tends to wide, it's not good for Japanese manga style balloons, so I prefer vertically long font like this. I knew it, and still, make the same error... ><; The one big reason is I don't speak German, yes. 

If it was ordinary sentence, I mean it has lowercase characters, my mistakes will be less. But in that case, the line s@ace looks bad - because of the height difference of English letters, like "f" "g". The line will be jaggy. Not suitable characters for manga Alphabet is, anyway. 

I didn't like the roundly font which is used manga commonly, but I've started to thinking it has the reason. At least, you can't miss a space when you use the font. I DL this font Anime Ace.
I also didn't like the dialogue without lowercase characters, but it might be the better way , it's jaggy free at least. I might never realized it if I didn't type by myself. There are things you never know without practices

I wish this font was thinner bit more, though. This one is too fatty. :(

I'm so grateful for E-chan's work, she took time out for the proofreading!

0 件のコメント: