Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2013/09/16

Manga locarization and SNS

I got some comment about my link of the previous post.
The Translation of Moon&Blood

It's not surprise because many of my FB friends are manga/anime fan or people who works for the industry and they are from West. Translation matter is a big issue, obviously. (it should be)

People has shared the problem I pointed out on the blog, it encouraged me, I'm not a strange one!:)

One more a good thing - I got a message from a guy who is working on M&Bvol.1 Italian version right now. He said he would like to take Japanese for their translation work if I wanted. We are FB friends. 

Because of the internet, I can work with American publisher like DMP. Thanks to SNS, I got the Italian team directly now. It is nice sometimes, you have your publisher between you and the third publisher, it could work as - a kind of - cushioning, and help you to avoid any troubles. But, at the same time, it can cause a communication problem. I've had it several times - I wondered if they (the third publisher) had been OK with it, because I wasn't satisfied. It turned up they also were not satisfied at all, when got a chance to talk with them directly, much later. 

Usually, you have no information abut the process, only the result you are informed.  

It was nice that I've known what Italian team is thinking, exchange the opinion directly. I've just had similar problem recently, on our Coffee Party's ebook.

The product team made the book file in the wrong way. The book was made in Comic-style, left to right, but they made it right to left, like Manga book. They didn't realize the mistake, I guess because the product team did only what they were supposed to do  - put the images in order as they got. If only you read the finished e-book, you couldn't miss the error, but nobody realized it, until I pointed it and ask the modification. (and the spread 2 pages order was wrong, too. I had to asked to correction again) People has their working field, and not more. 

In that case - it is very nice if you can communicate directly people who are working on your book. You get the information where the problem is, and where you are now.


eMamga/Digital Manga Publising
By Nao Yazawa & Saeko Doyle
The book which the corrections has been completed.

0 件のコメント: