Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2013/05/13

Gathering


It's called 猫の集会 "Neko no syu kai" in Japanese. Cat's Gathering is a sort of literal translation. I wondered if there were any name (phrase) of it, and posted on FB & Twitter. 

There were many suggestions, like gathering, meeting, collctables, assembly...but it seemed there was no specific name people call it.

Someone looked up it on the web (thanks!) and he found Wiki calls it  a "Cat Colony" .

There was another one who answered me, she explained "a group of cats is called a "cllowder", but nobody really uses that word". Seems it's not common subject in West. Why? Cats in west don't have Syukai ??

I got other answer from a Spanish, and she said it was not rare to see cats doing that in Spain. I didn't ask her if there were any name in Spanish. Hmm. :/

It's interesting, some countries (culture) have the name and some don't. Especially it's relevant to cats.

What about モミモミ攻撃? I believe I saw the English phrase somewhere but don't remember the word... the one pushing (kneading?)  something with it's front paw.

It has been a while since the last 4koma. I drew about Kindle 4koma book, and thought it should have been first. But I changed my mind because I talked some about Cat's gathering on the web today. :) (Yesterday, to be precise)

4 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

モミモミ攻撃
The Kneading Attack!

One of my kitties can't fall asleep at night until he's done this to my left upper arm for a few minutes.

Nao Yazawa さんのコメント...

Oh yes, it's cat kneading!Thanks! :D

Risky さんのコメント...

Also it is "making biscuits". If you search google for "making biscuits" you will find some recipes, but also some cat videos.

Nao Yazawa さんのコメント...

I found some, very cute video! :D
Thank you!